Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Golden Horse Shit

Just saw the full nomination list for the 42nd Golden Horse Award (the Chinese film award which is supposed to be equivalent to the Oscars) and I was surprised.

Before I come upon the full list I already knew that Kung Fu Hustle had been nominated for Best Picture which shocked me. True, Kung Fu Hustle is an enjoyable action comedy but honestly, it had no substance. After I saw the list I was even shocked! Jay Chou is nominated for best newcomer for his horrible potrayal of Takumi Fujiwara in the movie Initial D! My God, what does he even deserve to get nominated in the Best Newcomer Category? Music-wise, his music are enjoyable but his acting, frankly speaking, sucks.

There are a few nominations which surprises me as well, like Aaron Kwok in the Best Actor category, Yuen Wah and Anthony Wong in the Best Supporting Actor category. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy these 2 veterans and I am a fan of Anthony Wong's acting, but I don't think that they should get nominated for their characters.

Is it just me or the standards of the Golden Horse Awards had dropped drastically?

2 comments:

  1. haha canto ppl say "do horse one la"
    u un no un ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. must consult my girlfriend on that saying bcos "ngo mm sek teng kong tong wah" :D... or u care to give an explanation hehehe...

    ReplyDelete