Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mr. Bean's Holiday (Review)

Wow, yet another movie this year that surprises me. To be honest I thought this new Mr. Bean flick is going to suck like the previous one which broke all the "tradition" what Bean is known for, almost zero dialogue and tons of slapstick fun. So honestly, I had zero to none expectations for this movie at all and boy, I am glad that I am dead wrong.

Well the movie is about Mr. Bean winning a holiday trip (along with a video camera) to Cannes (you know the small town in France known for its annual Film Festival?). Well as you can expect from Bean himself, he got into a hell lot of trouble during his trip there.

This movie had brought back the "tradition" and spirit of Mr. Bean, the one that we had grown up loving. There is almost no dialogue, even if there is it is not really that important as most of the laughs is generated through Bean's hilarious antics. The movie played out something like Monty Python and the Holy Grail where it is a story being made up by many comedy skits minus the Python's trademark surrealism and the play of the English language that is. Think of it as your typical Mr. Bean series but it is all added up to tell a tale of Bean's misadventures, which packs a lot of laughs and there are some "skits" where I found myself my tears almost roll down my cheeks because of laughter.

If you had been a fan of Mr. Bean and had been growing up watching his silly antics I strongly recommend you to watch it. For those who had never even seen a single Bean episode first ask yourself "Where had you been?" and go watch the movie. It's never too late to be a Bean fan ^_^

Overall score: 8.5 over 10

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review.

    I'm a fan of the first Bean movie and not sure if this one will be as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly. I felt that it wasn't as scripted as the first movie. In fact, it was extremely good. And refreshing.

    I wrote a take/review of Mr. Bean's Holiday and well, you're more than free to read it.

    ReplyDelete