Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight Review

I went into the cinema with sky high expectations of this movie mainly due to all the great superhero flicks that came out this year. My expectations are so high that even one single "off" moment in the movie will disappoint me greatly. Two and a half hours later.... I was impressed. I was awed. I wanted more Batman. And I feel depressed that we can never see another performance by Heath Ledger as the Joker ever again.

The actors... all of them gave it their all as if they all wanted to be nominated for an Oscar. Heath Ledger is amazing. You can never get enough of him. If you think casting Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man is the best casting call ever in comic book adaptation history? Just go watch Heath Ledger as the Joker.

The pacing is flawless. They fully utilize all two and a half hours of screen time to show you as much character development, action and a little bit of humour they could humanly possible. Each twist to the plot is handle with care so that the audience would not be lost half-way watching and still manage to throw in a few great one liners to humour us.

The final verdict? A PERFECT 10. If there's any comic book adaptation that ever deserves an Oscar? Let this be the first one ever. It had also become my favourite movie of all time, relegating The Godfather to second place.

Thank you Mr. Ledger and Mr. Nolan for such a great movie.

1 comment:

  1. i gt a surprise to u .is a 幸福套餐 。.plz visit my blog at hehelok.blogspot.com..i m sorry if u din like it after u c it..

    ReplyDelete